[LLVMdev] 64 bit special purpose registers

Akira Hatanaka ahatanak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:56:55 PDT 2012

If no i64 reg classes are registered, then type-legalization will expand a
32b x 32b = 64b multiply node into a 32-bit mult node with two i32 results
(for example, SMUL_LOHI). The problem is that there isn't an easy way to
have RA assign two consecutive hi/lo registers to the two i32 registers,
once the 64-bit result is split into two 32-bit results.

Is there a constraint I can use (something like register hints) to force RA
to allocate consecutive registers?