[LLVMdev] R_ARM_ABS32 disassembly with integrated-as

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 01:36:32 PDT 2012

Hi Greg,

I'm afraid I've not looked into the infrastructure Jim put into place,
so I've not really been able to answer the "how should I do it"
questions, but hopefully I can comment on the ABI.

> And probably questions for Tim, are these "section-relative" mapping
> symbols, as defined in 4.6.5.1 of the ELF for ARM document?

Yes, they are.

> And what to put in the alignment field?  I see GCC outputting 1, 3, 4, but I don't see a
> description of that field in the doc.

I don't think individual symbols have an alignment in ELF (except
COMMON ones, which repurpose the st_value field -- not the case here).
If the 1, 3, 4 are coming from the last column of the dumps you
produced below, they're referring to the section the symbol is
relative to (st_shndx in the documentation).

Cheers.

Tim.