[LLVMdev] R_ARM_ABS32 disassembly with integrated-as

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 19:16:11 PDT 2012

Getting closer...   When emitting symbols, how do I set the symbol's value
to the address of the current instruction?  Do I need to emit a label in
the current section and another that uses the former to point to the
latter?  If possible, a code sample would be very helpful.

And probably questions for Tim, are these "section-relative" mapping
symbols, as defined in 4.6.5.1 of the ELF for ARM document?  And what to
put in the alignment field?  I see GCC outputting 1, 3, 4, but I don't see
a description of that field in the doc.

Lastly, from MCELFStreamer, how do I determine if we generating an ARM or
Thumb ELF?  I can catch Thumb from the EmitThumbFunc, but that seems a
little odd.  Suggestions?

Here's what I have so far:

$ readelf -s via-llvm-as.o | grep "\$."
     2: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    4 $d
     3: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    4 $t
 $ readelf -s via-gcc-as.o | grep "\$."
     5: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    1 $t
    15: 0000020c     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    1 $d
    17: 00000218     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    1 $t
    44: 00000732     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    1 $d
    45: 0000073e     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    1 $t
    65: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    4 $d
    66: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    3 $d

Thanks,
Greg