[LLVMdev] LLVM Loop Vectorizer

Shuxin Yang shuxin.llvm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 10:33:17 PDT 2012

 >I think that the first step would be to expose Target Lowering
Interface (TLI) to OPT's IR-level passes.

By "lowering", we assume the bitcode is more abstract than the machine
code. However, in some situations, it is just opposite. For instance,
some architectures support vectorization of
min/max/saturated-{add,sub)/conditional-assignment/etc/../etc. We need
to detect such machine dependent patterns, and *PROMOTE* the bitcode
into right forms before we are able to vectorize them. How to deal with
this situation?

Shuxin