[LLVMdev] Getting Started

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 01:07:55 PST 2012

On 29 Nov 2012, at 17:46, Eli Bendersky wrote:

> I think this is a good idea, although personally I'd prefer the script
> to be written in Python to allow more portability (i.e. using it on
> Windows as well).

If you are doing a build using the UNIX-like way of checking everything out and building it, then you will already have a shell installed via mingw or cygwin on Windows.  If you are doing a build via Visual Studio or similar, then you will not be using this script.  Rewriting it in Python just adds a needless dependency.

David