[LLVMdev] Automating Analysis Pass at linktime question [liblto] [safecode]

Henry Abbey hsabbey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:28:08 PST 2012

Hello all,

I'm a research assistant at the University of Wisconsin and we're trying to
come up with a general way to run our whole program analysis over programs
that may use different methods to perform the build.  I saw some discussion
that liblto could be used for this (and safecode successfully did it) for
llvm 2.6 - 3.0, but that doesn't seem to be working the same way with llvm
3.1+.  Is it still possible to install our pass into liblto directly
anymore?  Is there perhaps a better way to have the linker intercept and
run our analysis not using liblto?

Thanks,
--Henry Abbey