[LLVMdev] Cross-compiling for cortex-m3: how do I get ride of -ccc-gcc-name ?

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Mon Jul 30 04:35:05 PDT 2012

On 30 July 2012 11:45, salvatore benedetto
<salvatore.benedetto at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by a working linker, as that comes with
> the binutils.

Main line GCC may have gotten close to seamless producing ARM code,
but last time I checked, using CodeSourcery was far simpler than
trying to compile GCC for ARM.

Even if you do manage to do that (many people have), it might not be
easy enough to recommend it to the general public, at least not as
easy as "install code-sourcery, use -ccc-gcc-name/symlink to
arm-none-eabi-clang", for the time being.

> As for the run-time libraries, I know that you mean, I just
> forgot to also add that for my current project I don't need any of them. :-)
> I don't plan to link either libc or libcxx. So I expect that to be achievable.

In that case, it might just work. Report back if it does. ;)

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/