[LLVMdev] Cross-compiling for cortex-m3: how do I get ride of -ccc-gcc-name ?

salvatore benedetto salvatore.benedetto at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 03:45:17 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Renato Golin <rengolin at systemcall.org> wrote:
> On 30 July 2012 09:14, salvatore benedetto
> <salvatore.benedetto at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I don't just want to get
>> right of the option itself, I want not to
>> have the need to a have a GCC cross-toolchain around.
>
> That requires a bit more than just compiling binutils. You'll need a
> working linker and a perfect interaction between run-time libraries
> and compiler generated code (read exception handling, RTTI, etc),
> which LLVM hasn't.

I'm not sure what you mean by a working linker, as that comes with
the binutils.

As for the run-time libraries, I know that you mean, I just
forgot to also add that for my current project I don't need any of them. :-)
I don't plan to link either libc or libcxx. So I expect that to be achievable.

Thanks,
S.