[LLVMdev] Fortress project calls it quits due to lack of a decent VM

Gordon Keiser gkeiser at arxan.com
Sun Jul 22 23:22:25 PDT 2012

One sort of questions why a company the size of Oracle, working with DARPA funding, wouldn't have the resources to design the virtual machine they required for the project...   although reading the article they never do *quite* say that Fortress is being put down...       just that the research group is winding down on it, the JVM target work isn't going to be completed, and the current open source source code will remain open source.

-Gordon