[LLVMdev] llvm-clang jit module running into unresolved functions

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Wed Dec 19 07:54:57 PST 2012

Hi Amit,

On 18/12/12 20:18, Amit Prakash wrote:
> We are trying to adapt the clang-llvm interpreter code here
> <http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/cfe/trunk/examples/clang-interpreter/> to
> run some c++ code that uses stl vector and c++ string among other things. This
> resulted in a number of unresolved symbols, and after eliminating a bunch of
> them, we are still stuck with __Unwind_resume

__Unwind_Resume is defined in libgcc and for doing exception handling.  If your
interpreter is statically linked with libgcc and doesn't use exception handling
then maybe this symbol was discarded, which would explain why the JIT'd code
can't find it.  In general if the JIT'd code is using some library then either
the program doing the JITing needs to have been linked with that library, or it
needs to dynamically load the library on behalf of the JIT'd code.

Ciao, Duncan.

  and __assert_fail