[LLVMdev] test-suite

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Sat Dec 15 20:12:25 PST 2012

On 12/15/2012 12:53 PM, Chandler Carruth wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Reed Kotler <rkotler at mips.com
> <mailto:rkotler at mips.com>> wrote:
>
>     I have an approved target independent putback and i've run all
>     that we have at Mips as well as on x86 " make TEST=simple"
>
>     Is there anything else that is easy to run that I can do before
>     doing the commit?
>
>     The patch touches a number of basic classes so I'm just trying to
>     err on the side of caution.
>

> Your caution is appreciated, but I think you've done plenty at that
> point. =] I would commit it, and if you're worried, get on IRC to
> watch the various build bots in case of some failure.
I've checked in the code.

Basically I'm just adding a new method called EmitDebugLabel which for
all ports except for Mips, should be identical to EmitLabel. Because
this is in McElfStreamer, it effects all the classes
derived from that.

I've tried to be careful and the code was reviewed.

If for some port I have messed up , it would be better for the person to
just fix the class rather than backing out my whole change because I
have tested it in as many was as are possible for me.
I don't have any way to test this beyond "make check" and test-suite for
x86 and mips and for
those I've already run all the tests and passed.

Thanks.

Reed