[LLVMdev] [polly] removing cloog dependence in the testsuite

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Sat Dec 1 16:29:03 PST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 06:01 PM, Sebastian Pop wrote:
> Hi Tobi,
>
> Sebastian Pop wrote:
> > Sebastian Pop wrote:
> > > Another option is to disable these tests when cloog is not available, and to
> > > write other tests that will work with -polly-codegen-isl.
> >
> > I think I like this way better.  The attached patches move all the test
> > dependent on Cloog to be conditionally executed to CLOOG_FOUND.  I am preparing
> > another patch that will adapt most of the current tests to work with ISL's code
> > generator.
>
> See attached the patch that adds to the Isl/CodeGen all the tests that
> can be
> run also with the ISL code generator (the vectorizer tests cannot yet be
> executed with the ISL code generator yet: when we enabling the vectorizer
> with
> the ISL codegen we will add them).  All these tests are exact copy of the
> Cloog/CodeGen tests adapted to match the output of ISL.
>
> With the 3 patches make polly-test is passing with both configurations
> enabling
> either the cloog codegen and the isl codegen.

Very nice. Thanks for the work!

> Is it ok to commit all these three patches?

Patch two is fine.

Regarding patch one and three: We already have the directory
test/CodeGen and test/IslCodeGen. I propose to just leave the CLooG test
cases in test/CodeGen, but to run them conditionally.
You can add the new isl test cases to  test/IslCodeGen.

If you agree, such changes are preapproved here.

Tobi