[LLVMdev] trouble with cmake+ninja

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Mon Aug 27 07:05:54 PDT 2012

"Sahasrabuddhe, Sameer" <Sameer.Sahasrabuddhe at amd.com> writes:

> I was trying Ninja to build the LLVM sources. I am using cmake version
> 2.8.8, latest ninja from git and latest LLVM from git.

As cmake and ninja development is not coordinated, it is not a good idea
to mix versions of them separated by several months. Nor is a good idea
to use a development version of ninja. And, finally, 2.8.8 was the first
cmake version to include ninja support (on Linux only, IIRC), so we can
expect some rough edges there.

So first thing upgrade cmake to 2.8.9. If that doesn't work, use the
latest ninja version that was officially released at the time cmake
2.8.9 was released.

[snip]