[LLVMdev] Placeholders in the target data layout

Carl-Philip Hänsch cphaensch at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 25 04:20:07 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have to use the target data layout for my compiler to make the native
linker work. But the target data layout is target specific. My bitcode file
should not be. The only critical thing in the layout is the pointer size:
"p:32:32" vs "p:64:64". Is there a way to use placeholders to insert the bit
width of a pointer at a very late stage? It would be uncool when the
platform independence of a bitcode file fails at _one_ single line.

Cheers