[LLVMdev] Transition to MC

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Wed Sep 14 15:25:07 PDT 2011

Hi Evandro,

There's no such documentation right now. It's on my TODO list, but unfortunately it's not very close to the top right now.

The ARM target migrated to using MC a while back and is probably a reasonable place to look for some guidance. It was done incrementally, not as one big patch, so there's not a specific revision to refer to. However, if you look at the revision history for the ARMAsmPrinter.cpp file and the ARM/InstPrinter directory, the progression should be reasonably clear.

-Jim