[LLVMdev] git Status Update?

FlyLanguage flylanguage at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:00:18 PDT 2011

> But we've had all of this discussion and it looks like we're sticking
> with svn.  I'll deal with it.
>
>                                -Dave

Thanks for the effort, from a git dude.

Now.

While far for perfect, I think git-svn works surprisingly well if you
turn the right knobs and push the right buttons.

Doing so is not entirely straightforward, so a few bullets on how do use
git-svn in llvm as smoothly as possible would help more people over to
the green side, which in turn would help a future transition to git
natively.

That said, upcoming svn improvements will probably make most of our
points moot (better merge tracking and the possibility of local commits,
basically a hybrid dvcs...)