[LLVMdev] Error when installing VMKit

Eric Christopher echristo at apple.com
Wed Oct 19 12:06:27 PDT 2011

On Oct 19, 2011, at 2:09 AM, Nicolas Geoffray wrote:

> I'm not sure CC and CXX help configuring vmkit. I haven't checked for a while, but it may be that llvm-gcc/llvm-g++ do not work anymore to compile vmkit. What you should do is get the svn version of clang, compile it and use it instead of llvm-gcc. I believe you don't need to provide CC and CXX to vmkit's configure in that case. The configure scripts of vmkit and llvm will find clang.

Was vmkit using the sample project support for producing .bc files? I moved that into the test-suite directory a while back and haven't gotten it back into just projects for people to use. This looks like the problem and basically you'd need a set of configure/make machinery from before that patch. I do plan on getting that in shortly though.

-eric