[LLVMdev] Compile llvm-gcc fortran backend using mingw

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Mon Oct 17 04:34:16 PDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 10:09 AM, Duncan Sands wrote:
> llvm-gcc is dead, deprecated in favour of clang and dragonegg.  It won't be part
> of the upcoming 3.0 release.  This is why no-one is interested in working on it.

The tentative release notes still say otherwise: "LLVM 3.0 will be the
last release of llvm-gcc." (http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseNotes.html)

I understand that llvm-gcc is being phased out in favour of dragonegg,
but (at least according to its own website) dragonegg is still a bit
rough around the edges and requires a patched gcc 4.5 to work. So
llvm-gcc still serves an important role, if only for the Fortran and Ada
compilers.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag