[LLVMdev] LLC ARM Backend maintainer

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Thu Oct 13 11:18:22 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:11 AM, James Molloy <James.Molloy at arm.com> wrote:
>> The ARM Holdings emulator does this; I used it with great success to
>> profile an Advanced Encryption Standard encryptor a while back.
>
> It is indeed a useful piece of kit. We do a lot of our internal regression tests on it, and also run LLVM's regression tests every night on it (as well as PlumHall, EEMBC and SpecInt). Unfortunately it's not exactly software we can give away or give access to.

Indeed.  My client at the time bought me my copy; it was bundled with
the Oxford Semiconductor OXFW911 FireWire/IDE development board.

The whole development system, I was told, cost USD $ 4,000.00.

Happily, I still have it all, but it might take some time to actually
lay my hands on it.

Besides the memory mapping, the emulator also supports emulating I/O
devices and interactions with other kinds of cores.  It's meant to
enable programming System-on-Chip designs before one has real hardware
available.

Cheerfully,

Don Quixote
--