[LLVMdev] LLC ARM Backend maintainer

Joe Abbey jabbey at arxan.com
Thu Oct 13 11:25:03 PDT 2011

Well how about as a strawman... taking some options from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ARM_microprocessor_cores and  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_applications_of_ARM_cores

LLVM Supports:

ARMv4T  -> ARM7TDMI
ARMv5TE -> ARM926EJ-S
        -> XScale
ARMv6   -> ARM1136J(F)-S
ARMv6ZK -> ARM1176JZ(F)-S
ARMv7A  -> Cortex-A8
           Cortex-A9
ARMv7M  -> Cortex-M3

Granted there are many many more listed within in ARM.td, but I think we should start with a small subset and build on it as we begin guaranteeing maintenance.  Once we compile a set of ISAs and implementations, we could start logically dividing the load and assigning maintainer roles.

Joe Abbey
Software Architect
Arxan Technologies, Inc.
1305 Cumberland Ave, Ste 215