[LLVMdev] LLC ARM Backend maintainer

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Thu Oct 13 09:48:46 PDT 2011

On 11 October 2011 18:22, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
> 1. We should define which ARM-related features (in general, e.g.
> platforms, cores, modes, etc.) we consider "release important"
> 2. We should define the conditions how the features in 1. should be tested
> 3. Someone should perform such testing for each release, provide help
> with reproduction of the problems (consider e.g. PR11107, w/o Bill's
> help it would be extremely hard to reproduce the problem, since it
> manifests only on arm/darwin).

4. We should be able to guarantee that release-blocking bugs on ARM
targets will be fixed (if technically possible) before the actual
release.

There is no point in define ARM as a release-blocking target if there
is no commitment in actually fixing release bugs. What keeps ARM on
the bench is just the lack of general commitment. Somebody has to own
it, for real.

cheers,
--renato