[LLVMdev] BasicBlock succ iterator

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 13 07:27:38 PDT 2011

On 10/13/11 1:20 AM, neda 8664 wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I want to implement DSWP Which is used for parallelization of loops.
> For this purpose, the loop was replaced with a new basic block in main
> function.
> And new functions were created and basic blocks of Loop assigned to
> them.I have checked blocks and branches for Succ and Pred relation and
> I have not found any problems.
> However I get the following error:
> /
> //opt: /home/llvm/src/include/llvm///Support/CFG.h:105:
> llvm::SuccIterator<Term_, BB_>::SuccIterator(Term_) [with Term_ =
> llvm::TerminatorInst*, BB_ = llvm::BasicBlock]: Assertion `T &&
> "getTerminator returned null!"' failed.
> 0  opt 0x0848e569
> Stack dump:
> 0.    Program arguments: opt -dot-cfg -dot-postdom -dot-dom -load
> /home/llvm/src/Release/lib///parallel.so -parallel obj.o -o out.o
> 1.    Running pass 'Function Pass Manager' on module 'obj.o'.
> 2.    Running pass 'Loop Pass Manager' on function '@main'
> Aborted (core dumped)/
>

> I do not know why this error occurred.Who knows why this error occurs
> and what should I do?

Every basic block in LLVM is required to have a Terminator instruction
(http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#terminators).  I suspect that you've
created a basic block without a Terminator instruction.  Call the dump()
method on all the basic blocks you added and see if they have a
Terminator instruction.

-- John T.