[LLVMdev] Enhancing TableGen

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Tue Oct 11 09:08:19 PDT 2011

Jakob Stoklund Olesen <stoklund at 2pi.dk> writes:

> I think it is best if we take small steps.

Small steps.  Yes.

> Please confirm that you have understood the message from Evan and me
> that we disagree with the general direction of removing redundancy
> from instruction definitions, and that your patches to that effect
> will be rejected.

Yes, I get it.  I think I have said that before.

I'm talking about the for loop and paste support needed to implement
loops as first described by Che-Liang and as worked out by he and I to
improve the syntax.  This would be used for top-level defs only.  For
example, in the register definition example Che-Liang gave originally.

I will not change anything before the 3.0 branch.  But I am working on
this functionality with the understanding that it is desired.  Please
tell me now if we've changed our minds.

                             -Dave