[LLVMdev] LLC ARM Backend maintainer

Rotem, Nadav nadav.rotem at intel.com
Sat Oct 8 10:53:12 PDT 2011

Anton,

"CodeGen/ARM/vrev.ll" is one of the failing tests. You can make it fail if you run it with '-promote-elements'.

Here is a short description from PR10902:

"""
The failure in CodeGen/ARM/vrev.ll is due to the lack of support for
legalizing trunc-store/load on ARM. The code we have in LegalizeDAG assumes that the
scalars making the saved vector are legal. So, the vector <2 x i16> is
scalarized to two i16, which are illegal on ARM.
"""

Thanks,
Nadav