[LLVMdev] Profiling support in LLVM

NaJeM ErMeLeH ermeleh at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 21 09:47:31 PDT 2011

Hello LLVM developers,

I'm assisting my doctor who is doing a research and he wants to use the llvm compiler, my job is to profile build the benchmarks using llvm-prof.

What i want to know is the following

1- does llvm support profile feedback optimizations!?

2- when i've used the llvm-prof it's input is an object file (not binary as other compilers) my question is how could I profile a whole benchmark program using the llvm-prof ?

3- is there a way to print the spill code information (e.g. spill code count in a single function or basic block) ?

your help is appreciated.

regards,
~Najem