[LLVMdev] git

Wesley Peck peckw at wesleypeck.com
Sat Jul 23 18:28:43 PDT 2011

Just to be up-front, I normally work on very small projects and I am very much a non-core LLVM developer (I'm the MicroBlaze backend maintainer). However, we have had success where I work using the git branching model described in [1] and [2]. There is a git tool named "git-flow" that specifically supports this model and it seems like it might fit the LLVM development model so I wanted to point it out in case others had not seen it. Perhaps the more core developers can comment more on its usefulness in the LLVM ecosystem.

[1] http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/
[2] http://jeffkreeftmeijer.com/2010/why-arent-you-using-git-flow/

--
Wesley Peck