[LLVMdev] Cross-compile to ARM using Code Sourcery Lite Toolchain

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Tue Jul 12 08:05:14 PDT 2011

Hello,

(cc:llvmdev  Keeping on the list to get more eyes on the problem and for archival purposes).

Configure will be re-run, yes. LLVM includes some tools which need to be built for the host, even when cross compiling (e.g., tblgen). In a cross-build, these are built in the BuiltTools directory and that's where you're seeing configure being re-run.

>From the below snippet it appears that your host compiler is being run incorrectly. That could happen for any number of reasons. I would suggest having a look in config.log (in the BuildTools directory since that's where it's failing) as the error message suggests to find more information about why.

My best guess is that configure is finding the wrong compiler for building for your host, either because your cross compile tools are first on the path and have conflicting generic names (gcc, g++, etc. instead of a fully qualified name with the triple as prefix) or there's something broken in the host tools installation.

-Jim