[LLVMdev] Xcode 4 autocomplete of LLVM includes

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Mon Apr 18 12:24:38 PDT 2011

On Apr 17, 2011, at 12:24 PM, Pete wrote:

> Jonathan Ragan-Kelley <katokop1 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Slightly off-topic, but I imagine this crowd must have some experience
>> using Xcode 4 for projects linking to LLVM. I've actually started
>> using Xcode 4 as an IDE for C/C++ development thanks to the vastly
>> improved code analysis-based tools it's inherited largely thanks to
>> LLVM. But, ironically, I am particularly struggling to get the tools
>> to parse and analyze LLVM (as a client, not for direct development in
>> the LLVM tree).
>
> I read somewhere that XCode does not support code analysis for C++,
> only for Objective C and C. Cannot find that link anymore.
> But is this true/false?

I think the word "analysis" may be conflated here.

Static analysis (for bug-finding) for C++ is currently not supported in Xcode.  The build system will literally not invoke the static analyzer for C++/Objective-C++ files.

C++ code completion powered by Clang is supported in Xcode 4.  That's an unrelated feature.