[LLVMdev] Issues running LLVM tests on Windows + MKS; filed 4 PRs and have patches

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:43:22 PDT 2011

Good morning David,

I won't accept your patches for now. It breaks lots of things in
current environments, autoconf - msys, cmake - msys, cmake -mingw and
cmake - msvs.

  - You should never forget other environments. (eg., MSYS and CMD.EXE)
    You should implement detecting MKS if you tweak MKS-specific stuff.
  - Bash should be assumed to be mature.
    I suppose MKS bash might be extremely broken (for me).
  - *.bat is not acceptable on MSYS bash.
    Is MKS bash not capable to understand #!shbang, or is /usr/bin/env missing?
  - MKS utils (eg. grep) might not accept our-expected quotes.

Yeah, usually I could tweak proposed patches, but I cannot obtain MKS.
(and I won't!).

At least, you should consider not to break cmake - {mingw|msvc} - gnuwin32.
You may try tests w/o MKS, by CMake's "LLVM_LIT_TOOLS_DIR" with X:/gnuwin32/bin.
(You may try also msbuild.exe! )

FYI, as you oughta know, Lit detects bash.exe in $PATH on Win32 hosts.
Lit assumes bash.exe might be with a few GNU utils (grep.exe &c.)

You would be welcome if you would maintain MKS on, or we shall say "We
don't support MKS", thank you.

...Takumi