[LLVMdev] 'opt' command Errors.

Rohith Goparaju rgoparaj at umail.iu.edu
Sun Sep 12 11:07:54 PDT 2010

 Hi,

   My pass compiles fine with Gmake,but when i run it with 'opt' it was
initially breaking with the following error message :

  "Error opening '../../../Release/lib/ReusePass.so':
../../../Release/lib/ReusePass.so: undefined symbol:
_ZNK4llvm4Pass5printERSoPKNS_6ModuleE
   -load request ignored.
  opt: Unknown command line argument '-ReusePass'."

  Then i changed my Makefile to include the libaries : LLVMSystem.a,
LLVMSupport.a, LLVMCore.a.
  Now the 'opt' command breaks witht he following error : " Two passes with
the same argument (-domtree) attempted to be registered!
  UNREACHABLE executed! "

  I also tried changing the "LLVMLIBS" line in the Makefile to
"LINK_COMPONENTS" and the problem still persists.

  Can u tell me why this happening and whats the work around for this?.

Thanks,
Rohith.