[LLVMdev] LLVM BUG for x86 code generation ?

Sebastien DELDON-GNB sebastien.deldon at st.com
Thu Nov 18 00:12:10 PST 2010

HI All,

when I compiled attached .ll file with llc 2.8 as follows:

llc -O0 -march=x86 llvmfails.ll -o llvmfails.s
gcc -m32 llvmfails.s -o llvmfails
./llvmfails

the executable exits with the expected message: "SUCCESS", whereas if I use -O1 instead of -O0 for LLC, it prints out FAILS.

llc -O0 -march=x86 llvmfails.ll -o llvmfails.s
gcc -m32 llvmfails.s -o llvmfails
./llvmfails

As far as I can tell code generation for select instruction is not correct, It seems that sign-extension propagation convert a sign-extension into a zero-extend.
Routine to look at is:

@result = internal global i32 0
define void @test() {
L.entry: