[LLVMdev] Getting started with LLVM on Win32 from non-C/C++ language

Barry Kelly bkelly.ie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 08:22:46 PDT 2010

I'm looking to get started with LLVM as the back end for a compiler that
ultimately should self-host.

>From an ease of use perspective, the optimum on Windows would be a DLL
along with C header files that I can translate into the front end's
language.

I read in the FAQ:

http://llvm.org/docs/FAQ.html#langs

that "the C bindings in include/llvm-c should help a lot". However,
looking at the contents of llvm-2.6/Release after I've built it on
Cygwin, it looks like I'll have to cobble together a DLL out of the
libraries myself.

I can't imagine I'm the first to want a pre-packaged DLL containing all
the relevant bits, along with DLL exports etc. Has someone else done
this work?

Thanks,

-- Barry

--