[LLVMdev] glod plugin use

Swarup Kumar Sahoo ssahoo2 at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 10 00:49:57 PST 2010

Hi,
    I was trying to use gold plugin to compile and run some of my passes on some large softwares like mysql, apache etc. When I compile using llvm-gcc, everything works fine. But, when I followed the instructions on http://llvm.org/docs/GoldPlugin.html#build to use gold plugin, I got errors like:

/home/vadve/ssahoo2/local/bin/ld: error: modules/standard/libstandard.a: no archive symbol table (run ranlib)
/home/vadve/ssahoo2/local/bin/ld: error: modules/extra/libextra.a: no archive symbol table (run ranlib)
/home/vadve/ssahoo2/local/bin/ld: error: main/libmain.a: no archive symbol table (run ranlib)

I tried ranlib/llvm-ranlib, but it didn't work. Can someone help me, if I am doing anything wrong here?

Thanks,
Swarup.

Swarup Kumar Sahoo
Thomas M. Siebel Center for Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
201 N Goodwin Avenue
Urbana, IL-61801
Phone - 614 264 9574