[LLVMdev] LLVM and Pool Allocation with PARSEC?

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 2 09:07:56 PST 2010

Patrick Alexander Simmons wrote:
> Has anyone ever used pool allocation on PARSEC?  If not, has anyone ever
> compiled PARSEC to whole-program LLVM bytecode executables?

An alternative to compiling PARSEC into LLVM bitcode is to create a
version of libLTO that runs the automatic pool allocation transform
right before creating a final executable.  This makes running APA on
whole programs much easier.

For an example, look at libLTO in the SAFECode project
(safecode/tools/LTO directory).  You can model your libLTO after it.

-- John T.