[LLVMdev] Treating function calls as barriers

Villmow, Micah Micah.Villmow at amd.com
Tue Jun 1 17:52:07 PDT 2010

Thanks Eli, that seems to do the trick.

Micah

-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Friedman [mailto:eli.friedman at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 5:42 PM
To: Villmow, Micah
Cc: llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu List
Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] Treating function calls as barriers

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Villmow, Micah <Micah.Villmow at amd.com> wrote:
> Is there a flag to set in Tablegen source so that all function calls act as
> instruction barriers. I.e. no instruction can be schedule around a function
> call.

Do you mean "don't schedule instructions which appear before the call
in the source after the call, and vice versa?"  There is no such flag.
 The normal schedulers doesn't pay attention to source order at all;
-pre-RA-sched=source was recently implemented which does pay attention
to source order.

-Eli