[LLVMdev] Marking a test suite test XFAIL

Patrick Alexander Simmons simmon12 at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 22 14:44:28 PDT 2010

 From http://llvm.org/docs/TestingGuide.html

Some tests are known to fail. Some are bugs that we have not fixed yet;
others are features that we haven't added yet (or may never add). In
DejaGNU, the result for such tests will be XFAIL (eXpected FAILure). In
this way, you can tell the difference between an expected and unexpected
failure.

The tests in the test suite have no such feature at this time. If the
test passes, only warnings and other miscellaneous output will be
generated. If a test fails, a large <program> FAILED message will be
displayed. This will help you separate benign warnings from actual test
failures.

Does this mean there is no way to selectively disable a backend or to
mark a test suite test XFAIL?

Thanks,
--Patrick