[LLVMdev] I would like to merge PARSEC into test-suite

Patrick Alexander Simmons simmon12 at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 21 12:32:52 PDT 2010

On 07/20/2010 09:18 AM, Daniel Dunbar wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Owen Anderson<resistor at mac.com>  wrote:
>
>> Patrick,
>>
>> On Jul 20, 2010, at 1:18 AM, Patrick Simmons wrote:
>>
>>> It is open-source and redistributable, and I have added LICENSE.TXT
>>> files to all the pieces I want to merge.  These are blackscholes,
>>> canneal, dedup, fluidanimate, freqmine, streamcluster, and swaptions.  I
>>> will disable the tests by default on the initial merge and test
>>> thoroughly on Linux and MacOS before enabling them.  May I please commit
>>> my changes directly to test-suite?
>>>
> Awesome! Can we see a patch?
>
> The PARSEC webpage mentions that the benchmark suite is quite large.
> Does your patch actually commit a specific version to the test-suite,
> or is it setup like the externals tests where the user is expected to
> download PARSEC on the side if they wish to test it?

My plan was to commit a specific version to test-suite.  The exact
programs I want to commit are blackscholes, canneal, dedup,
fluidanimate, freqmine, streamcluster, and swaptions.

John has mentioned the possibility of my putting a patch on a website
somewhere, so I will do that.  The patch is really too large to post here.

--Patrick