[LLVMdev] APFloat::convertToDouble asserts

Jochen Wilhelmy j.wilhelmy at arcor.de
Fri Jul 9 13:20:07 PDT 2010

> I'd rather not.  The functionality you want is there, feed another
> APFloat type through APFloat::convert first.
>
> Using host FP is not something that should be encouraged; the main
> point of APFloat is so people don't have to do that.  Why do you want
> to, btw?

Yes, i got it working using APFloat::convert. I need host float to
output to my backend which is similar
to the c-backend, but generates if/else instead of goto. I do not use
APFloat::toString since it can
generate "1" for 1.0 which is not useful for me since I append "f" for
float and "1f" is not a valid float.

-Jochen