[LLVMdev] About setting up official git & bzr mirrors.

Christian Plessl christian.plessl at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Jan 28 00:49:35 PST 2010

Due to a current need to have a git mirror for LLVM, I'm resurrecting this old thread.

I'm aware that there exist already LLVM git mirrors at git://repo.or.cz/llvm.git and git://github.com/earl/llvm-mirror.git  However, these repositories only mirror the current SVN trunk and do no provide any branch and tag information, which would be very convenient for creating experimental branches that arise from a particular LLVM release. Also, the collaborative features of repositories like github would allow to easily share changes.

As Oscar mentioned in his post, it no longer possible for ordinary users to create such a mirror via git-svn, due to the measures take for protecting the SVN server from these kind of actions (probably through mod_dontdothat).

Is there any plans to provide an official git mirror for LLVM which does not only track the SVN trunk but provides also the branch and tag  information from SVN.

It's probably not very useful to have the whole SVN history since revision 1, for my purposes, having the history from LLVM 2.5 onwards would be sufficient.

Regards,
 Christian