[LLVMdev] "Graphite" for llvm [building infrastructure]

Tobias Grosser grosser at fim.uni-passau.de
Tue Jan 5 17:39:54 PST 2010

On 01/05/10 14:45, ether wrote:
> hi Tobi,
>
> i just added the Poly
> library(http://wiki.llvm.org/Polyhedral_optimization_framework) to llvm
> build system, which only contain a toy pass "Poly".
> i think we could add the polyhedral optimization stuff in to this library.
>
> it was test under cmake+visual studio 2009, and i also add the library
> build rule to MAKEFILEs, but not sure if it work under linux/cygwin/mac,
> sorry.
> hope this help
>
> best regards
>
> --ether

[the complete mail]

hi ether,

great start.

I pushed your work to our git repository at
http://repo.or.cz/w/llvm-complete/pofl.git

This repository is ment to track work on a first version of LLVM Poly
that could be proposed for integration to LLVM. Feel free to register as
a user and to commit to the repository.

I just had some discussions on the LLVM IRC channel concerning the
integration of Poly.

The preferred way to implement this seemed to be like the tools/clang
integration in llvm. A separated repository (that might also be hosted
on the llvm svn server), that is only build if available. So user can
decide if they want to try LLVMPoly and check it out on demand.

What we need to achieve before proposing a patchset:

1. Integrate ClooG/isl
2. A working pass Frontend/Backend (very limited, no optimizations, but
able to handle real world code)

Thanks for working on this

Tobi