[LLVMdev] Patch proposal submission process query

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 11:06:59 PST 2010

I have a working patch proposal to bug 2606. However because:

1) I'm relatively new at this for LLVM work.
2) The patch involves an area that affects all JIT scenarios.
3) The patch may conflict with design approaches and affect performance.
4) There is a lot of intense work going on right now to meet deadlines by the
      LLVM team, and not much time available for guidance.

What is the best way to approach this. Should I submit the patch as a comment
to 2606, or should I submit the patch here.

Basically the patch involves forcing a stub emission for functions defined across module
boundaries (without adding to pending), even though lazy compilation could be turned
off. Among the changes, the lazy compilation check in JITCompilerFn(...) is disabled.

I'm still adding my own unit tests, but I'd like to know how to approach such a discussion for
changes to code areas that I'm not responsible for.

Thanks in advance

Garrison