[LLVMdev] [patch] Union Types - work in progress

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Fri Feb 12 12:51:14 PST 2010

On Feb 11, 2010, at 5:15 PM, Talin wrote:
> OK here's a new patch. Additional comments below.
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
> +void ConstantUnion::replaceUsesOfWithOnConstant(Value *From, Value *To,
> +                                                 Use *U) {
> +  assert(false && "Implement replaceUsesOfWithOnConstant for unions");
> +}
> +
>
> Still not implemented?
>
> Not in this patch - as you say, it's too large already.

Ok, please work on this as a follow-up patch.

> Otherwise, it looks good, please send these updates and I will commit it for you.
>
> As much as it pains me to say anything that would delay this getting committed, it might make sense to apply this patch after the code freeze - since the feature isn't going to be finished in time for 2.7.

I committed the patch in r96011.  However, please do follow up with the replaceUsesOfWithOnConstant thing above, and please add a note to the release notes mentioning the feature and saying that it may change in the future.

Also, please read the llvm developer policy doc and send me the requested info and I'll set you up with commit access, thanks!

-Chris