[LLVMdev] Changes in FunctionPassManager constructor

Christophe de Dinechin christophe at taodyne.com
Wed Feb 3 10:03:29 PST 2010

Salut David,

On 3 févr. 2010, at 18:39, David Vandevoorde wrote:
> It avoids having to deal with backward compatibility cruft?

You can do that without presenting a self-rewriting web-site as your "tutorial", can't you?

> It's a pain for client code, but I suspect that for the long-term quality of the code base it's a useful decision.

I have nothing against fixing LLVM. I have something against being unable to do any kind of regression testing because I need to massively change the test along with the library. That can't really help quality.

Thanks,
Christophe