[LLVMdev] [patch] SPARCV9 subtarget support

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Wed Feb 3 04:16:03 PST 2010

Hello, Nathan

>   I've put together some preliminary patches to add frontend support for the sparcv9-* subtarget (ie 64-bit SPARC), modelled on the corresponding x86-64 code - do these look reasonable for inclusion? This doesn't address the codegen side of things yet (isel falls over when trying to actually emit 64-bit code), but at least bitcode generation looks correct now. Tested on sparc-sun-solaris2.10.
I don't think this is good aproach. Why don't handle "v9" suffix in
the same way as it is done for ARM / Thumb? You really don't need
neither new target triplet for this nor another target class.

Also, please use the standard coding convention inside llvm-gcc patch.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov