[LLVMdev] [patch] SPARCV9 subtarget support

Török Edwin edwintorok at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 03:38:36 PST 2010

On 02/03/2010 09:12 AM, Nathan Keynes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I've put together some preliminary patches to add frontend support for the sparcv9-* subtarget (ie 64-bit SPARC), modelled on the corresponding x86-64 code - do these look reasonable for inclusion? This doesn't address the codegen side of things yet (isel falls over when trying to actually emit 64-bit code), but at least bitcode generation looks correct now. Tested on sparc-sun-solaris2.10.

It would be nice if there was a way to compile 32-bit code for sparcv9 too.

For example with gcc I can do:
no -m flags: sparcv8 (I think)
-mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc  -> v9, 32-bit
-m64 -> v9, 64-bit

Also is there a way to auto-detect sparcv8, sparcv9, 32-bit mode, vs
64-bit mode?
That would be nice if Sparc JIT support is ever added back.

Best regards,
--Edwin