[LLVMdev] Question of autotools about adding a new target for LLVM

Lu Mitnick king19880326 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 11:17:17 PST 2010

Hello all,

I am a beginner of LLVM and want to add a new Target for LLVM. I follow the
document (http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.html)

to modify autotools/configure.ac. However when I type ./AutoRegen.sh

There is an error that "Your autoconf was not detected as being 2.60"

I download the source of autoconf 2.60 and install it. And there is the
other error that

"Your aclocal was not detected as being 1.9.6". Now I don't know where to
download the source code of

aclocal 1.9.6. Would any developer mind to tell me how to deal with this
problem??

I have another question that there is a sentence

"You must be using Autoconf version 2.59 or later and your aclocal version
should be 1.9 or later." in http://llvm.org/docs/Projects.html

I have autoconf 2.68 and aclocal 1.11.1 in my computer. Why couldn't I
auto-regen the configure file successfully??

thanks a lot

yi-hong