[LLVMdev] DSA Analysis

Will Dietz willdtz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 08:17:25 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Kevin Streit
<kevin.streit at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still using the release_26 version of Poolalloc/DSA with llvm 2.6 for my analyses and am currently trying to switch to llvm 2.7 for several reasons. I tried to use the trunk of the poolalloc svn repository with the llvm 2.7 release which is working fine for most of the programs I ran it on so far but for sqlite it's running into a stack overflow since it is endlessly looping in the BUDataStructure::calculateGraphs method (excerpt of the debugging output is attached).

Yep, I'm familiar with the error.  Does this still happen after the
commits from last night?

> Since it is actively worked on I'm not asking for a quick solution. I just wanted to send this for case this behavior is not expected and to ask if there is a revision for which the BU DSA is known to work at least stable in most cases such that I can work with llvm 2.7. Or is there any plan on when a stable version for 2.7 (or even better 2.8) will be available?

Thanks for understanding that it's a work-in-progress, and appreciate
the report.  I don't believe there's a stable revision for 2.7, that's
what we're working for presently :).

If you'd like, feel free to send me the bitcode file and I can try to
prioritize fixing the issue you're seeing if it's not fixed already.
Alternatively consider filing a bugreport, both DSA and poolalloc have
projects on the bug tracker (http://llvm.org/bugs), so we can take
care of it... and again an example demonstrating your issue is
appreciated if possible.

Hope this helps,

~Will Dietz