[LLVMdev] [RFC] Moving to Sphinx for LLVM and friends documentation (with partial implementation (in both 10pt and 12pt font)).

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 16:50:35 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2010, at 3:42 PM, OvermindDL1 wrote:

>>> Please do.  7z is not supported on Linux.  I would love to take a look
>>> at this, but I can't.  :(
>>
>> 7z is supported just fine on Linux, I use it all the time, and it
>> compresses text like that a heck of a lot better then zip (about a 4:1
>> ratio).  But I will still put the zip up on my server, now at url:
>>  http://www.overminddl1.com/stuff/llvm_doc.zip
>
> Requiring people to get and install boost to work on docs is a non-starter.
>
> What is wrong with sphinx?

They would not need to, as stated, it is simple to take what is needed
thanks to bcp, only thing needed is docbook, which is a *lot* more
prevalent than Sphinx and more well known.  The useful thing about
quickbook over Sphinx is it is designed for C++ project documentation
in a variety of formats, from html pages, single html document, pdf,
man pages, straight docbook, etc...