[LLVMdev] What is the meaning of addRegisterDead function

Michael.Kang blackfin.kang at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 05:13:53 PDT 2010

Now I am writing a simulator by llvm IR. That is really a wonderful
tools for us. Now I use gprof try to
find the bottleneck of the simulator, the output as the following. And
I found addRegisterDead of llvm
is called too much. What is the functionality of addRegisterDead?
 I try to understand it by reading the related code of llvm source but no idea.

  %   cumulative   self              self     total
 time   seconds   seconds    calls  Ts/call  Ts/call  name
  5.16      0.33     0.33
llvm::MachineInstr::addRegisterDead(unsigned int,
llvm::TargetRegisterInfo const*, bool)

Thanks in advance.

Michael.Kang

--