[LLVMdev] a problem when using postDominatorTree

Tobias Grosser grosser at fim.uni-passau.de
Thu Aug 5 00:07:51 PDT 2010

On 08/05/2010 06:46 AM, Wenbin Zhang wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using postDominatorTree to do some program analysis. My code works
> well for small tests, but when I run it on real applications, the
> following error occurs:
> /Inorder PostDominator Tree: DFSNumbers invalid: 0 slow queries.
> [1] <<exit node>> {0,21}
> [2] %bb1 {1,2}
> [2] %bb {3,4}
> [2] %entry {5,6}
> [2] %bb8 {7,20}
> [3] %bb7 {8,9}
> [3] %bb2 {10,11}
> [3] %bb6 {12,13}
> [3] %bb5 {14,19}
> [4] %bb4 {15,16}
> [4] %bb3 {17,18}
> 0 opt 0x085643e8
> Stack dump:
> 0. Program arguments: opt
> -load=/home/a_i/llvm/llvm-2.7/Release/lib/ConsDumper.so -consdumper -f
> -o pbzip2_2s.bc pbzip2.bc -debug
> 1. Running pass 'dump constraints' on module 'pbzip2.bc'.
> Segmentation fault/
> I have no hint about this. Does anyone know about the reason?

Not yet. However I would love to find the reason.

Can you reproduce this with the development version of LLVM aka LLVM
trunk? Do you believe this bug is in the postdominator implementation or
in you code?
Can you extract a simplified test case with bugpoint?

Adding this to the bugtracker might be a good idea.

Tobias